Yesterday, in honor of their recent collaboration with Sanrio Inc., Yogurtland Miami hosted an awesome party! Hello Kitty and Tuxedo (the short round blue penguin whose name I had never known until yesterday) greeted guests on the dance floor and made themselves available for a photo-op with anyone who asked.
Each guest was treated to as much yogurt and as many toppings as her little heart desired or his mom would allow. My family left with cute Hello Kitty t-shirts, reusable bags, bright balloons, big smiles and full bellies.
It was such a great morning and Yogurtland was so generous I wanted to make sure our family showed our appreciation. As the kids colored a few notes for The Cat I found the “Postagram” Ap in the Apple Store on my Iphone.
It’s so cool! I was able to create a customized thank you note using a picture from the party, that I edited in Instagram. My cute little postcard was then addressed and stamped at the Postagram headquarters and mailed directly, via the U.S. Post, to Yogurtland! There was even a gift with purchase- the picture was perforated! We can’t wait to send postcards from our upcoming trip to grandma, so she can hang them on the refrigerator!
My first Postagram was free (and yours could be as well if you download the application now) but after that they will cost me $1.99 each (that includes postage).
Let me stop right there. Have you heard of Instagram (I mentioned above that I used it to edit the picture in the thank you note). I LOVE INSTAGRAM! It is a photosharing AND photoediting site AND IT IS FREE! It is so easy to edit your photos and then post to your Instagram account or another sharing network you might be a part of, and anyone you are friends with can see your picture. I love it because:
1. The editing is super easy and so is either sharing it on Instagram, twitter or Facebook directly from the application. I can post to all, or just one of those networks, depending on the purpose of each particular photo.
2. It has been so fun to see what all my friends have been up to this summer. OK, maybe not all of my friends I have over 800 Facebook friends and only 40 of them are on Instagram… but I’m working on that… really encouraging everyone to use the application.
3. My mom does not like to spend the money on text messages, but I convinced her to download Instagram on her Iphone so now I can send her pictures of her grandchildren straight to her phone (I had to explain that it was much easier than emailing the shots, and she agreed to give Instagram a try… so far, so good).
Proud that I had actually written, addressed and stamped a thank you note on the same day I attended the related event I was feeling a bit ambitious and ready to conquer a few more photo applications. I did a little research, checked-out a few online recommendations, and found some EASY, FREE photo editing tools that I thought you might enjoy too.
1. Instaframe helps you (a) frame your photos and (b) combine multiple sized photos into one frame, AND (3) easily add words on your photos. When finished you have several options of where you want to post, i.e. Instagram, Facebook, email, your “photo album” Check it out:
2. PopBooth, by the company Sincerely, Inc. that produced Instaframe will snap 4 shots and create a photo strip that you can, edit, post to one of your networks OR mail in a perforated postcard for $1.99. This would be so fun to use for birthday party thank you notes! The only problem is that it can only be used as a front sided camera. I believe the makers intended you to use it with a kick-stand in a make shift photobooth. I love the result, but wish I could snap the pictures of other without having to “mess” with a kick-stand
3. From the Top, Photobooth is also free and does have a rear facing camera. It doesn’t allow you to mail them to your friends via the U.S. Post, but you can send via email or post to facebook or twitter AND you can add costumes!! I could play with this all day!
While writing this blog, and re-reading each AP’s description, I realized I had miss the fact that I could add word bubbles to my photo strips and edit single pictures using the From the Top, Photobooth AP. It wasn’t extremely user friendly.. but once I got the hang of it- I had fun playing with some photos I had stored on my phone:
4. BeFunky is a free photo editor with no ads, which is nice and A LOT of creative and, well funky, effects. This is not a sharing site, like Instagram, but will post to what seems like any network that you would like it to post. Look at the fun that I had!
Note: This last picture was taken INSIDE Forever 21 at North Park Mall in Dallas. Did we have you fooled?
I had fun playing with these photo applications today. Did I miss one of your favorites? Let me know and I’ll give it a try.